2762 Normandy Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
An exquisite 10,500-square-foot estate serves as the 2023 Southeastern Designer Showhouse. The custom-built residence on Normandy Drive is one of the latest projects by builder and developer Benecki, architect William T. Baker& Associates, landscape architect Land Plus and interior specification designers Source. The transitional home presents an airy, sun-drenched setting and showcases Baker’s mastery of classical architecture. An abundance of 12-foot ceilings, coved ceilings, and 10-foot doors and windows allow light to penetrate the residence. The architectural elements lean organic with rounder, soft curves and minimal ornamentation and millwork. A dramatic arched steel front door ushers in the homeowners and guests, where once inside, the floor plan generously offers views from the entry hall through the salon to the outdoor terrace and backyard. The residence’s overall design aesthetic is Streamline Moderne with Art Deco and Art Nouveau influences, while wabi-sabi design characteristics embrace the beauty of imperfection. Gold, burgundy and deep purple hues create a cohesive color palette. Venetian plaster, French oak hardwood floors, Calacatta Viola marble, brass fixtures and finishes, and Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances are among the features that amplify the interiors. Situated on an acre in Buckhead, the new residence backs up to endless mature trees that create the feel of a countryside in the city. Timeless exterior choices, such as hard-coat stucco, and charming architectural elements, such as a cedar shake roof that flares at the dormers, are sensitive to the scale of surrounding homes in the established neighborhood. The salon and kitchen, with its barrel-vaulted ceiling, open to a terrace with an outdoor kitchen that leads to the lower lawn and pool. The five-bedroom home, which has five full and three half baths, is designed for flexible living throughout the years. Primary bedrooms are placed on the main and second floors, and two laundry rooms offer ease of living. The main-level bathroom’s stunning touches include a barrel-vaulted ceiling, a sweeping shower with an elaborate mosaic, and marble countertops and floors. Spaces such as expansive dual closets in the primary bedroom on the main level, a pantry and caterer’s kitchen speak to modern homeowners’ demand for ample storage in style. The floor plan, with a main-level study and an oversize TV/sitting room on the second level, recognizes the needs of families who entertain and work at home. The basement is outfitted for entertaining, exercise and relaxation with a lounge, home theater, game room, wine cellar, and gym with a sauna and massage room.
- MLS #7213937
- Half Baths3
- Bedroom DescriptionMaster on Main, Oversized Master
- RoomsExercise Room, Media Room, Wine Cellar, Game Room, Family Room, Laundry, Office, Basement
- BasementDaylight, Exterior Entry, Finished, Interior Entry, Finished Bath
- FeaturesHigh Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Lower, High Ceilings 10 ft Upper, Crown Molding, Double Vanity, Entrance Foyer, His and Hers Closets, Sauna, Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar, Smart Home
- KitchenKitchen Island, Pantry Walk-In, Wine Rack, Breakfast Room, Cabinets Other, Breakfast Bar
- AppliancesGas Oven/Range/Countertop, Energy Star Appliances, Gas Range, Dishwasher, Double Oven, Dryer, Disposal, Refrigerator, Microwave, Washer
- HVACCentral Air
- Fireplace DescriptionDecorative, Living Room, Stone, Gas Starter
- Built In2023
- PoolIn Ground, Heated, Fenced, Salt Water
- ParkingGarage Door Opener, Covered, Driveway, Level Driveway, Garage
- FeaturesGas Grill, Private Yard, Private Front Entry, Rear Stairs, Balcony
- UtilitiesUnderground Utilities
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Landscaped
- Lot Dimensions115 x 385 x 99 x 383
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Stanley W Benecki
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2023 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Southern Web at 404.848.9440.
Data Last updated on September 26, 2023 12:30pm