501 Old Lathemtown Road
Canton, GA 30115
SOPHISTICATED FARMHOUSE STYLE ON 10+/- ACRES IN CANTON With upscale design and custom construction, October Farm offers the ultimate luxury farmhouse experience just a toe outside of Milton, blending traditional and modern elements to create a one-of-a-kind Southern Living-worthy setting. Set on 10+/- fully fenced (with four-board and wire fencing) acres, the white-columned rocking chair front porch bookended by swings is the perfect place to read or simply take in the view. Enter the front door to discover a spacious four-bedroom, four- and one-half-bathroom main house built by Smith & Kennedy featuring two tankless water heaters, three wood-burning gas-starter fireplaces, 12’ ceilings, old Chicago brick accents and white oak hardwood floors throughout, along with an oversized primary suite on the main level. The gorgeous light-filled bourbon/sitting room to the left is nothing if not gracious and the dining area to the right, designed in farmhouse style with a French twist, is banquet-sized. Locate the five-foot-wide hardwood staircase to the upper level just past the dining area and proceed to the fireside great room with exposed beams, a brick accent wall and open views to the designer kitchen. With a Lacanche range, a True refrigerator/freezer and a True full-size beverage center, an oversized island with seating, fresh concrete Caesarstone countertops, an ice machine, a coffee bar and custom inset cabinets, cabinets made from distressed barn wood painted a soft white and white appliances with gold accents, the kitchen is built for entertaining. The sunken sun-drenched breakfast room features exposed beams, a vaulted ceiling and a herringbone brick accent floor. In true country estate fashion, the separate catering kitchen offers additional prep space, with a Thermador double oven, a farmhouse sink, a dishwasher, a microwave, a warming drawer and extra storage space. An organizer’s dream, the laundry room offers plenty of shelves, drawers and built-ins. Rounding out the main level is the primary suite, offering a separate screened sleeping porch, his and her walk-in closets and a luxe en suite bathroom (featuring a sumptuous cast-iron soaking tub, a large frameless walk-in shower, dual vanities and designer tile). Hardwood floors and bespoke details continue throughout the upper level, featuring 10’ ceilings, a generous media/loft space, three additional en suite bedrooms (featuring walk-in showers, designer tile and farmhouse chic finishes) and a home office space perfect for creative entrepreneurs. Stubbed for two additional bedrooms and two additional bathrooms, the terrace level features 10’ ceilings and a daylight entrance and exit. Gas lanterns at the entrance, the front door and in the family room add a softly lit glow and a four-car garage provides additional space for parking and storage. Inviting the outdoors in is easy, thanks to multiple porches offering space for grilling, dining al fresco or enjoying a sweet tea mule or a French 75 next to a lovely stacked stone fireplace. The level backyard and manicured grounds feature a main-level walkout 16’ by 48’ inground saltwater pool, a regulation-size pickle ball court and a sprawling party barn perfect for large gatherings (featuring a dance floor, a catering kitchen, rustic exposed beams, a stacked stone fireplace and a custom bourbon display bar). The property also provides extensive landscape lighting and a full integrated sound system for the main house, the pool, the party barn and all porch areas, a darling custom-built self-watering and feeding chicken coop and public/well water access for property irrigation and watering the animals. Recently renewed for conservation status and located in the sought-after Creekview High School district, the property enjoys Cherokee County taxes with proximity to Milton. Welcome home to October Farm!
- MLS #7190368
- Half Baths1
- Bedroom DescriptionMaster on Main, Oversized Master, Sitting Room
- RoomsBonus Room, Family Room, Great Room - 1 Story, Living Room, Media Room, Office
- BasementDaylight, Exterior Entry, Full, Interior Entry, Unfinished
- FeaturesBeamed Ceilings, Double Vanity, Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Lower, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Upper, His and Hers Closets, Smart Home, Vaulted Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar
- KitchenBreakfast Room, Cabinets Other, Eat-in Kitchen, Kitchen Island, Other Surface Counters, Pantry Walk-In, Second Kitchen, Solid Surface Counters, View to Family Room
- AppliancesDishwasher, Double Oven, Dryer, Gas Oven/Range/Countertop, Gas Range, Microwave, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Tankless Water Heater, Washer
- HVACCeiling Fan(s), Central Air, Multi Units, Zoned
- Fireplace DescriptionFamily Room, Gas Starter, Masonry, Other Room, Outside
- StyleEuropean, Farmhouse
- ConstructionCement Siding, Frame
- Built In2019
- PoolFenced, In Ground, Salt Water
- ParkingAttached, Covered, Driveway, Garage, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Side, Kitchen Level
- FeaturesGarden, Lighting, Private Front Entry, Private Rear Entry, Private Yard
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Natural Gas Available, Phone Available, Underground Utilities, Water Available
- SewerSeptic Tank
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Front Yard, Landscaped, Level, Private, Wooded
- Lot Dimensionsx 690
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby's International
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2023 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Southern Web at 404.848.9440.
Data Last updated on December 10, 2023 6:30am