330 Argonne Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
Situated on nearly five beautifully landscaped acres, this historically significant 1920s Georgian Revival brick home was designed by one of Atlanta’s great twentieth-century architects, Philip Trammel Shutze (1890-1982). Over the years, the property has gone through several extensive renovations to modernize the living areas and owner’s suite for today’s lifestyle with still paying homage to the Atlanta’s rich history. The front façade and back porch were transformed by acclaimed architects Spitzmiller and Norris, and most recently, Stan Dixon, along with designers Amy Morris and Beth Webb reinvisioned the interiors, adding back 1920s architectural details. Expansive but welcoming rooms flow from a dramatic foyer with a gracious, curved staircase and views to the manicured back, English gardens. The dining room, kitchen and butler’s pantry extend off one side of the foyer and the living room and library off the other. The sunlit kitchen has been renovated with Calacatta gold marble countertops, a custom zinc and nickel range hood, a new central island, and porcelain subway tile, two ovens, two dishwashers, and graphic, black-and-white hand-painted wood floors by artist Raymond Goins. The kitchen overlooks the breakfast room and large, sun-filled family room featuring a fireplace, vaulted ceilings with wood beams, and extensive, built-in bookshelves. Completing the main level is the owner’s suite with a private sunroom, his/her closets, and a gorgeous 1920s-styled bathroom with a book-matched marble floor, a custom glass shower door, his/her vanities, and a highly polished freestanding Waterworks tub nestled into a niche framed by a fluted wall. Upstairs are four additional bedrooms with three full bathrooms, extensive storage closets, and a large third-floor playroom/office that is filled with sunlight and views to the front and back gardens. Landscaped to perfection, the backyard is an entertainer’s paradise with a bluestone slate patio, two grills, PebbleTec pool, pool/guest house, barn, and flat grassy area. The 1,800+/- square foot pool/guest house was recently updated by Stan Dixon and features one bedroom and two bathrooms, a kitchen and living space, and two-car garage which gives the home five garages in total. The home is located in the heart of Buckhead in close proximity to local public and private schools, and the best shopping and restaurants the area has to offer.
- MLS #7118420
- Half Baths2
- Bedroom DescriptionIn-Law Suite/Apartment, Master on Main
- RoomsExercise Room, Family Room, Library, Living Room, Office
- BasementExterior Entry, Finished, Interior Entry
- FeaturesBeamed Ceilings, Crown Molding, Double Vanity, Elevator, Entrance Foyer, High Ceilings 10 ft Lower, High Ceilings 10 ft Main, High Ceilings 10 ft Upper, His and Hers Closets, Tray Ceiling(s), Walk-In Closet(s), Wet Bar
- KitchenKitchen Island, Pantry Walk-In, Stone Counters, View to Family Room
- AppliancesDishwasher, Double Oven, Gas Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator
- HVACCentral Air, Zoned
- Fireplace DescriptionFamily Room, Gas Log, Living Room, Masonry, Other Room, Outside
- ConstructionBrick 4 Sides
- Built In1929
- StoriesThree Or More
- PoolGunite, In Ground
- ParkingAttached, Detached, Garage, Garage Door Opener, Garage Faces Side, Level Driveway, Parking Pad
- FeaturesCourtyard, Garden, Private Yard
- ServicesNear Schools, Near Shopping
- UtilitiesCable Available, Electricity Available, Natural Gas Available, Phone Available, Sewer Available, Underground Utilities, Water Available
- SewerPublic Sewer
- Lot DescriptionBack Yard, Front Yard
- Lot Dimensionsx
Listing Provided Courtesy Of: Beacham and Company Realtors
Listings identified with the FMLS IDX logo come from FMLS and are held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this website. The listing brokerage is identified in any listing details. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. If you believe any FMLS listing contains material that infringes your copyrighted work please click here to review our DMCA policy and learn how to submit a takedown request. © 2022 First Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
This property information delivered from various sources that may include, but not be limited to, county records and the multiple listing service. Although the information is believed to be reliable, it is not warranted and you should not rely upon it without independent verification. Property information is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or withdrawal without notice.
For issues regarding this website, please contact Southern Web at 404.848.9440.
Data Last updated on September 28, 2022 9:00pm